Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Yummy Pinto Beans

2 tsp minced garlic
1/8 c chopped green onion
1 can pinto beans drained and rinsed
1 chicken boullion HNS prepared with 1 c water
1 t. cumin
1 t. chilli powder (I like more)
1/2 t. ground pepper
I also added a large tsp. of crushed red pepper

so sautee the green onion and garlic for just a bit in a teaspoon of olive oil. add the beans and chicken boullion. Mix and then add spices. Taste to see if you want to add more spice. Next time I may add some fresh cilatro.

Boil to heat.

You are allowed 1/4 c at supper as your bread/starch. These are REALLY good in wraps (use romaine leaves for the outside) with taco flavored chicken, turkey or buffalo. You don't have to wrap them, just place in the romaine leaf and add veggies and salsa. You can pick it up like a chilli dog in the romaine leaf.

These were tasty and the boys loved them. You can make refried beans by putting them in a frying pan with a little oil and smashing with a fork.

jeweliek: 3 Fat Chicks

No comments: